The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Sunday, March 01, 2015

Update: Wordpress Move on Hold

Just a quick note for folks who were wondering what was going on:

I've put the move to Wordpress on hold for the moment.  It turns out that Wordpress.com does not allow the use of iframes or scripts, which means I'd need to do a self-hosted webpage.  There's a good reason WP doesn't allow these things -- security -- but I personally prefer using easy iframe or script codes for widgets and the like than trying to find complicated workarounds or using static images that link elsewhere.

Since I'm currently in the midst of financial hell as a grad student -- student fees, etc. etc. etc. -- I won't be able to move things to my own hosted page for a little while yet.  Instead, I'm going to see if I can't redirect my Blogger blog to my own domain, which is financially viable in these annoying "student fees" months.

My apologies if you were expecting a move sometime soon.  Wordpress is probably a better option for what I'm trying to do, but without iframes/scripts, it's just shy of what I need.

So...it's on hold until April at the earliest.  And that means I can stop working on this stuff and get back to blogging about things.  Coming up:  a review of Hot Tub Time Machine (2010) and a Retro Nostalgia piece on Equilibrium (2002).

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment