The World in the Satin Bag has moved to my new website.  If you want to see what I'm up to, head on over there!

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Patreon Update: Ch-ch-ch-changes and a Question

My Patreon page has been updated to reflect the changes to my blogging/writing efforts.  If you'd like to support what I do, please become a patron!
On a related note:

I've had some difficulty thinking about how to change the patron levels to better reflect what folks would want from such a thing.  In principle, folks support a Patreon because they like what a person does, but I also like the idea of adding something additional to the pot.  Thus far, that "addition" has been varying levels of voting ability and/or topic suggestion ability.  Now, I wonder if it might make more sense to make topic suggestions and votes a public function and replace the current levels with something else.

The question:  what would I replace those things with?

Some things I've considered:

  • Quirky handwritten letters w/ handwritten maps and other weirdness (I love drawing maps)
  • The Encyclopedia Obscura entries (absurd, quirky alternate history entries to an encyclopedia)
  • Access to fiction (which some said I shouldn't offer)
  • No idea...
I suppose what this comes down to is a confusion over what works for something like Patreon, especially when what you're offering is written content that isn't fiction.  So if you have any ideas, do let me know.  Otherwise, I'll just leave the page as it is for the time being.

Anywho!  Thanks for the support!

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment